Sean CarrollGeneral Manager – People, Culture and Innovation
- Responsible for designing and implementing the culture transformation program aligned to Australia Post’s strategy and brand.
- Built a customer-centric and innovative culture, redesignedthe performance and talent approach for the enterprise, delivered Australia Post’s eCommerce leadership strategy, and managed organisational development and people strategy for the company.
10:50 AM ACCELERATORS: Australia Post’s “Change or Die” Transformation and the Ongoing Challenge of Reinventing an Australian Icon
In 2010 it had become clear that Australia Post’s core business was no longer sustainable. In light
of this, Australia Post commenced a reinvention journey that involved customer-centric innovation
in eCommerce and digital services. This reinvention journey is unfinished as the next wave
of disruption continues to challenge Australia Post’s future. To combat this Australia Post has
embarked on a series of investments, experiments and business model adjustments to embed
innovation in the culture of the company.
In this session, Sean will explore:
- Why innovation is a long-term systemic change program that takes thoughtful design,not just a flashy new innovation lab
- The critical role of leadership in building a culture of innovation
- Lessons from building a capacity for experimentation and incubation over many years
- Partnering with the external start-up community and the importance of connecting this to the core business to feed the culture