Jason Juma Ross
Head of Tech, Entertainment and Connectivity
Facebook’s 1.8 billion users helped it generate more than $26 billion in 2016 revenue—with roughly 80% of it from mobile ads. As one of the most innovative companies of 2017, Facebook has endured a long journey from its start up state to where it is today. Their key focus has been on how to maintain the entrepreneurial mindset even once establishing scale.
In this session Jason will explore:
- Key learnings derived from becoming large scale at a rapid pace and how to maintain agility
- The secrets of Facebook’s growth and looking beyond traditional ‘corporate’ methods
- Attracting high quality partnership opportunities and maximize collaboration
3:20 PM Panel Discussion: Innovation Theatre – Who Is Doing Real Innovation and Who Are All Song and Dance?
It’s harder than ever to stay on top - in 10 years 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer exist. This threat for established organizations by startups and disruptors is paving way to a ‘innovate or die’ mentality. As a response, some of the most renowned companies are looking into innovation labs and internal programs to drive ideation however the sad fact is that 90% of innovation labs are failing.
This panel will look into exploring the following questions:
- Are companies engaging in radical innovation or just tweaking existing products incrementally?
- What is the timeline to ROI and the amount of risk companies are willing to assume?
- Is it establishing buzzwordy innovation programs accelerator programs enough?
- For established companies who have a reputation for being not too innovative –will the startups who are attracted to your accelerator be any less than 2nd or 3rd tier?
- How do we compare to the best practices in international innovation ecosystems? How do we compete?